f the butterfly collector: some favourite things

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Friday, November 17, 2006

some favourite things

Last night I made this mosaic on Flickr of some of my favorite photos that I'd been in love with for a long time! Some of them are by some of my fave artists and crafters in there too! If you click over to my favorites flickr pages you can click on each one and more AND visit the person who created that photo!!!! Believe me when I say they are some very talented people and it's worth the adventure! I love all the colours in these and find them so inspirational to look back over and add to! Some other things that are happening around here ... Sold today ... a lucky soul who bought the Nikkishell created Vintage Girl Craft Roll ( I will miss her, that one was my favorite!) There's lots of things to take to the post office tomorrow and I have a playgroup combined birthday party to help plan! And I stupidly said I would make the plum pudding this year for Christmas!!! I must get started with my fruit and brandy this weekend! ( very scared, never made this before, it must be good, people expect it to taste like Nana's,oh no, HELP, what in the world have I got my self into???)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger Simone said...

My tip is to live in a different city to the whole rest of your family and you never need to make the Christmas pudding! Plus I'm sure my Mum still loves doing it.

By the way, if anyone is looking to use lucky Christmas pudding coins in silver, I've created my own take on them (thanks to nagging from my Mum for years!) using pure silver with vintage Christmas illustrations etched into each token.

Some people (who may in fact be readers of this very blog!) go all weak at the knees at the mere mention of them!

You can see them in my Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=536186

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Shell said...

I love the favourites - such pretty, pretty things!!!!

Sounds like you are a busy bee at the moment - remember to take time to relax ok!

Sorry I can't help with the pudding - I have absolutely no idea, but good luck with it!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Anastasia said...

gorgeous pictures!!
You'll do fine with the pudding - I usually make a fruit cake..I soak the fruit for 3weeks before and then bake the cake for 4hrs!! totaly worth it!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your favourites list - I love to discover new things on other peoples favourites lists. Good luck with the pudding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home