f the butterfly collector: in love with MUCHA !!!

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Saturday, November 18, 2006

in love with MUCHA !!!

Today I went to my local little gorgeous gift shop. It's called Goose and every time I walk in it's with wonder and awe in my expression of the most beautiful things they have displayed in there! Well, today I bought cards!!!! I really should be making my own, but they were just beautiful and I couldn't resist. And I rediscovered this wonderful artist whose work is pictured here and bought some cards with his work on them. This is Art Nouveau Artist Alphonse Mucha. His work is very famous, you have probably seen it elsewhere. His Moet and Chandon prints are kind of everywhere!
Check out more of his beautiful work here and if you love greeting cards as much as I do then visit Flame tree Publishing for MUCHA and more!!!! Tomorrow I am doing a Silver Clay jewellery short course and this Art Nouveau find might be a great inspiration for whatever i end up making! Will show you when I bring it home! Have a fabulous weekend!




Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Anastasia said...

Goregeous illustrations! I actually saw a book at Borders on this artist and it was reduced as well - I regret not buying it!!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Shell said...

Oh yes! I used to have a print book of his images, and I ripped them all out and stuck them to the back of my toilet door (don't ask - it was a great many years ago now! Hehe.) But I had a great view when I went to the loo. I never got bored of looking at them either - the intricacies of his designs are breathtaking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home