f the butterfly collector: Window Fashions of the World

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Window Fashions of the World




Being trained as a Window Dresser and Visual Merchandiser many moons ago, I get very excited when I see a fabulous display in a store or a really great stand out window! Some Stores know how to get it just right and some obviously don't care! What a lot of these store owners that don't care or don't know is that their window is what gives their potential customer the first impression of their store! If its dusty, messy or dirty or haphazardly thrown together, then that's the impression the customer has of the whole Store before they even walk in! To me it's like placing an unreadable, messy ad in a newspaper or magazine. I am constantly standing outside of shop windows and re-dressing them in my head! And I love the really imaginative ones, using quirky props and ideas! A really good one will have you stepping into that store immediately for a peek at what's inside! And I really appreciate all the hard work, ideas and planning that goes into them! I've found a fellow window admirer in Elena, who lives near Seattle and has a whole Flickr set devoted to wonderful windows! She also loves to take photos of her beautiful shoes and purses and arty fashion shots too! Some of her photos are above and from a gorgeous boutique in Seattle and take a look at her Flickr site too!!

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger . said...

Those windows are beautiful! Magical....

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Anastasia said...

beautiful windows! thanks for the link
I agree, a window display is so important - I love the christmas ones, extra detail and creativeness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home