f the butterfly collector: from my painting table... japanese blossoms

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Monday, August 21, 2006

from my painting table... japanese blossoms



Over the past weekend I have completed a giant canvas, commissioned by my friend Louise who had a giant stark wall in her home an wanted to fill it wtih something quickly! Her and her husband are trying to sell their house and wanted it to look just right! So together we picked this blossom design from a clip art book and I set to work on this huge canvas creating my own interpretation! I wish I had more time to work on the flowers, but the background turned out to look like charcoal velvet, which you can't really see here, but that turned out great! The picture above is only half of the canvas and she gave me some beautiful flowers too to say thanks, also above!
INSPIRE ME CREATIVE TIP OF TODAY ... What are your favorite flowers ? Buy some special ones just for yourself or go and visit a your local public gardens for some inspiration! Even a walk around your neighbourhood might produce the perfect specimin to scribble out in pencil! Have a go at drawing, sketching or painting one! Study it's texture, petals, leaves, colour, stem! Try an abstract or childlike version for fun or be very serious and pretend you are documenting the only one of a kind in it's species bloom that will be kept in a museum for all of future mankind to see!

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

this is beautiful - looks like navy blue background in the pic - turned out gorgeous!!
Im waiting for my orchid buds to open up - not long now....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home