f the butterfly collector: fabulous finds... in the antique store!

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

fabulous finds... in the antique store!


... this past weekend was a lot of fun for me! I got to spend some time rummaging through a great old antique store which was situted in a fabulous old church in a seaside town near where I live!( and I got to go by myself too and take some ME time which is very rare!) Lots of great things inside, some beautiful old books and postcards and these fantastic old printers letters! There were three big wooden crates of them, all different sizes! It took me quite a while to find the letters I wanted, and I was on my knees going through them on a concrete floor and ended up with ink all over my hands too! Here's a picture of some of them above in rustic mode! I wish I could find a whole set of the alphabet! I think it would look great to paint a canvas and stamp each letter of the alphabet on it for Drew's room! Who knows I may get lucky on another thrifting or vintage adventure! The rest of Saturday was spent having coffee and eating an apple and cinnamon crepe in the pancake cafe, magazine reading, walking along the bay and then home for some cleaning and working on the website ( its so close now, just a few more things to do and hopefully no more delays!)

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful find those letters are! And apple cinnamon crepes too. It sounds like a perfect day.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Anastasia said...

What an awesome find!! you should have bought the whole crate - I would have heehee
sounds like a great day out!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Dana said...

WOW those r great! how big are they? have been thinking of ideas to make cards to send people with a photo of the baby and was gonna ask for your help. Maybe we could stamp a big "M" for Mahlie or "L" for Leon? what d'y'reckon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home