f the butterfly collector: from my painting table... Sea of Green

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

from my painting table... Sea of Green



Summer Balcony, a painting by Shae, the butterfly collector
... thought I'd share a painting today! Imagine staring out at this view everyday! .I'ts a long panoramic one, so sorry it's in three parts! I actually have a program on my computer to make panoramic images, but I've no idea how to use it. Maybe one day I'll make time to work it out! Had a busy day yesterday, I'm on the hunt for the right printer to create lovely art prints of my paintings, so I can offer them for sale to the gorgeous people who admire my work! It's been a hard trek to find the right one, rumbling throught the city jungle, carefully watching and waiting to get an idea of what each printer man or woman is about, can they do a good job and how good their customer service is! Well after four attempts I finally pounced on the right one, Stu. He was so helpful and listened and was patient and sent me a detailed quote. Don't you just love it when you find someone who cares out their in retail/service land!
I worked in retail for many years as an assistant and manager and always prided myself on giving the best service possible and being NICE! Now I look for others who can do the same! I am astounded at how many people I've met who hate their jobs in this industry and complain about them constantly, I say go and do something else, get a new job, step out of your comfort zone, I know it's scary, but sometimes it's good to take a risk!
And read these fabulous books, they changed my life ... "I could do anything, if only I knew what it was" and "Live the life you love, and stop just getting by", both by Barbara Sher.

She made me think about where my life was going, what I wanted to do and who I wanted to share it with. She also made me have a good hard look at my childhood, the negative voices in my head, helped me declutter my house and discover my true personality! I'm still on the journey and still learning, but Great Stuff !!! Have a fabulous Tuesday everyone!, we are off to playgroup now!

3 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic blogspot you have!!! Great colours, fabulous content, good use of pictures etc. haha I feel like I'm grading your spot like a prep teacher A+ Shae! A+! Now run along and play with all the other little kiddies. lol. just kidding. I haven't read through all of this yet, but am about to go and make myself a cuppa, come back, chillout with some music and have a read through. Can't wait!

Courtney

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

thanks courtney, I used to love getting A's when I was at school! Thanks for the lovely comment, it's nice to know what you've got to say is appreciated!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

a beautiful painting!! very calming.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home