f the butterfly collector: From my painting table... Erin the Librarian

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

From my painting table... Erin the Librarian


...Once upon a time there was a librarian called Erin. She loved to work with books and help everyone who came into the library find what they were looking for. She always gave them a big smile and they were always glad to see her because she was so happy and helpful. Erin's favorite part of the day though was her Afternoon Tea break when she would find a quiet corner, eat an rosy red apple and read the latest, most wonderful book she had found on the library bookshelves..

Erin the Librarian takes her Afternoon Tea Break, a new painting by Shae, the Butterfly Collector.

This will be available soon as a print in the Madame Butterfly Gallery. ( I promise it will open soon, we've had a lot of unfortunate delays!)

Ever since I was a little I have loved books with a passion. Any opportunity to read to myself, with others or to visit the library was a delight to my little mind and imagination. Now as a grown up there are so many wonderful books to choose from that I wish there was more time to read. Maybe in my next life I'll be a librarian or own a bookstore?. Today little Drew and I have been for a walk to our local children's bookstore and bought two new ones and I'm looking forward to reading them to him tonight! One is Bing goes on a Picnic and the illustrations are fantastic, take a look here !!!

7 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

oh Erin is adorable - she looks engrossed in her books!

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like Erin, or I should say, could imagine being her - except for the apple because I would probably have a cup of tea and a gingernut!

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great painting - how big is it? I bet the library has had a lot more male visitors since she started; they send her up the ladder on a wild goose chase just to get a glimpse up that sexy skirt! Andi.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

Thanks girls, I had lots of fun creating her! She likes lots of things like me, the alice band , the mary jane's, the books and the tea!Except I don't think I could get away with that short skirt anymore though! And you're right about those boys andi, I'd say their would be lots of repeat visits to the library and no overdue books!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Love the rhyme, Erin the librarian . So much more modern than, Marian the librarian.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Dana said...

speaking of alice bands, were you wearing one at the baby shower? I found a black one behind the nursery chair!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

why yes I was wearing one at the baby shower, and have been wondering where it was!Thanks now I know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home