f the butterfly collector: from my creative cabinet... Buttons Galore

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

from my creative cabinet... Buttons Galore


... the butterfly collector has just been rummaging through her Button Box (most of which came from my Grandma's collection!) After finding some great ones in there for my Owl memory board ( pics a few posts ago!), I have now sorted them all into their own colour groups and found these ultra cute ones above and must think up something wonderful to make with them! I especially love the scotty dog one! Buttons are every where this coming season and it's great to see so many great accessories being made with them. I recently found out about Buttonmania, the store, which will be a great shopping expedition I'm looking forward to and I love what Jo is creating for her kids with her buttons!!! And if you love Vintage Buttons make sure you click here for some of the most amazing buttons ever seen!

INSPIRE ME CREATIVE TIP OF TODAY... Go for a walk in your neighbourhood! You never know what you might find just around the corner ! A beautiful tree, a gorgeous flower, spring blossom, autumn leaves, a beautiful home ? Take your camera, note the colours or make a sketch! It might be the inspiration for your next painting or project ?

4 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like buttons a lot too! Yours are so cute, specially the dog one!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

how adorable are your buttons - so brighty and buttony hehee

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Violet & Rose said...

I really, really MUST go to Buttonmania. If only for the ride in the lift. Those buttons with the anchors remind me of my childhood and I love the little apples too.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful button collection, each and every one.
cheers, gracia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home