f the butterfly collector: From inside the creative cabinet...Hammer and Daisy

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Friday, August 04, 2006

From inside the creative cabinet...Hammer and Daisy

Gorgeous fabric, Wise Owls,Button Constellations,Fabric Debris Bags, pencil cases and Handmade journals , albums and scribblers are just some of the wonderful things I found on my visit to the Hammer and Daisy Store today. Two amazing Melbourne girls, Gracia and Louise, with art and design backgrounds have set up this wild site complete with fantastic animal illustrations and it's filled with gorgeous handmade goodies! And lucky me, both of the visit my blog! Gracia's blog features her wonderful wildlife sketches complete with facts about them and Louise's features her lovely sketches from her life, and environment, she even ran a competition this week to see whick of her readers was being the most enviro friendly! Their journals and albums are incredibly beautiful, handmade and would be treasured heirlooms to keep important memories in! Pay them a visit ,a site not to be missed

I also want to let everyone know about my lovely new blog friend, AnastasiaC who has been a regular reader of my blog and has been a huge encouragement since I started only a few months ago! Check out her gorgeous illustrations.

INSPIRE ME CREATIVE TIP OF TODAY!!! Recently I got together with a group of friends and had a Creative Mums Day! We brought our kids who played together and we all brought a mosaic project along to work on, one of the girls was great at Mosaic and taught us all some new tips and tricks! So now we are planning a day at each of our houses where the hostess will teach the others a new project according to their area of expertise! We are having a paint a canvas for your child's room day at my house! I think it will be a lot of fun! Why don't you try it with a group of your friends?

5 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

Oh u are too sweet!!
so cool about Louise & Gracia - I comment on their blogs and didnt realise they were the duo behind Hammer & Daisy - they were featured in Frankie magazine!

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabbo idea about the creative get togethers. I wish i lived nearby!! and yes I love Lousie & Graca too. Those owls are gorgeous. I have a thing for owls I got from my grandmother.

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun shop, thanks for sharing.

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello and thanks for the generous plug! Louise & I are thrilled you like our little owl pinnies and more. We have almost a hundred on the go at the moment, in a bid to fill the window at Craft Vic come the end of August.
Thanks again!
take care, gracia

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi and thanks from me too!
And I like the owl pinnie you picked too. The brown geranium leaf fabric print is one of my faves.
cheers, LJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home