f the butterfly collector: from an artists extravagant mind... ERTE

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Friday, August 11, 2006

from an artists extravagant mind... ERTE


ERTE the magnificent! Quite a few years ago I discovered the work of this wonderful artist and love to visit this website to view all of his glamourous women,magazine covers, theatre sets, fashion designs and magical artworks!He also inspired a love for all things art deco in me and I love to give the greeting cards of his art to my friends for special occaisions. I really wanted to share his beautiful work as it is so inspiring to me! I'm now off to enjoy Mary Poppins on Tv and dream of jumping into some chalk drawings and floating to the ceiling for a laugh! Have a wonderful weekend my lovely blog friends!( and a secret hello to those blog lurkers of mine that visit and never send me a comment,come and say hi, I'd love to visit your blog too!)
And just before I go, here's something fun to do on the weekend!!!....
INSPIRE ME CREATIVE TIP OF TODAY... get out those pencils, paints, collage and sewing supplies!!! What would you wear on stage? Design a wonderful costume! Does it have feathers or sparkles ? Does it have a headress? What shoes and fabulous jewels will you wear with it? Are you a show girl, a rock star, a circus performer, a famous actress? What era are you from? Well I'm inspired, will work on this over the weekend! If you design something fabulous make sure you send me a link so I can see your fabulous artwork!

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

amazing illustration - thanks for the link!
I love buying greeting cards - I could spend hours finding the perfect one!

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger emahlee said...

I also love Erte! sometimes when I shouldn't be spending on big items, I indulge a bit and buy his greeting cards. I think my favuorite is of this girl in pink underneath a mushroom shaped tree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home