f the butterfly collector: I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Friday, August 25, 2006

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!



I've always loved Lewis Carrol's Alice In Wonderland and any reference to it always captures my attention! When I was younger my Dad took me to an exhibition in Melbourne called Alice 100 that I've never forgotten. It was an art showcase filled with artists interpretations of Alice and Through the Looking Glass and edtions and illustrations from the books celebrating the book's 100th birthday! It was set up as a feast for the eyes, twisting and turning hallways, like walking through a maze and even different sized doorways to walk or crawl through! So much fun! Today my Peter Alexander catalogue came and I was surprised, inspired and enthralled by the fabulous shots on every page. They've used Alice as their theme for Spring and I can't wait to buy my warm weather pj's. In fact I've already got my eyes on the floral bottoms above!
Peter Alexander, for those who've never heard of him is quite a success story here in Australia! He made his designer mail order PJ'S into a million dollar company, sold it for a few million or so more and is still a designer and face of the company! It's quirky, fun and unique and now there are stores too! Go and have a peek at Alice!
INSPIRE ME TIP OF TODAY ... Before you get too sleepy or follow a strange white rabbit down his hole, sit down, relax, make a warm cup of something delicious and imagine your ultimate pair of pajama's. Draw them , sketch them ,colour them in! What kind of materials, fabric and embellishments would you use? If you can sew maybe you could even make them!

4 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Violet & Rose said...

Well, have you been to see this yet?
http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/blackman/
I haven't, but having an Alice myself, I am going to try to get in there.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Dana said...

I just got my Pjs catalogue, too and I MUST have a pair of those "king of the jungle PJ bottoms"! I know they're mens but I don't care..

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

oh looking forward to that catalogue
I love 'Alice in Wonderland' too!!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Thank you for that, so fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home