f the butterfly collector: I'm in love with George!

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm in love with George!


A little while ago I became a bit obsessed with fashion illustrations from the early 19oo's, bought some wonderful books depicting Harpers Bazaar and Vogue magazine covers and discovered Rhiannon's beautful collection of illustrations on flickr! Then one day I found GEORGE BARBIER and fell in love with his amazingly beautiful illustrations and paintings of beautiful women and interiors! He also designed wonderful costumes for Opera's and Interiors and made a living from designing covers for catalogues, magazines and books. I was so entralled in this little world that I created drawings for each page from my new site, Madame Buttterfly ( an online boutique and mini magazine!) , that had been influenced by this style with my own modern twist, can't wait to show you!!! . We are aiming for a grand opening in the first week of Spring, not very far away now! And We have managed to get some great interviews and mini feature articles on some great designers, crafters and artists and have put together lots of fun things for you to make and do too! It's been so much hard work , with too many late nights and not enough sleep, but I can't wait for everyone to see the final result! In the meantime go and visit George and imagine yourself swanning around in one of those dresses!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home