f the butterfly collector: Adventures Abroad .... Where were you ten years ago?

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Adventures Abroad .... Where were you ten years ago?



...I visited crafter extrodinaire Miss Jo's blog yesterday who was posting about celebrating her 10 year wedding anniversary and she posed the question, "Where were you ten years ago? So it got me thinking, where was I ? Ten years ago I set off on a great adventure with my husband, who was then my boyfriend! We were both 21 and decided to go on a great backpacking expedition! We were gone for six months and traveled through Canada, the USA and the UK! We both learnt a lot on that trip, about ourselves, each other, living in someone else's pocket and relying on each other too! It was a great test for our relationship and it's lasted ten years beyond! We saw some amazing things and met some fabulous people on that trip and we did it all on a tiny amount of cash! I look back now and wonder how we survived ( we had a few helpful bank account injections from our parents!)! Some highlights were Halloween in Boston, discovering the streets and sights of London town, the ruins of Stonehenge, the crazy 24 hour thrill ride of New York City, Christmas and the Castles and Countryside of Wales, New Years, Snow and too much Guinness in Dublin and Galway, the spectacles of Niagara Falls and Las Vegas, the amazing time we had in Disneyworld (and the fantastic cites of Seattle and Philadelphia ( photo above from a city square in philly with monopoly pieces!) Wow, we had a great time and we've vowed to go back and have a huge adventure through Europe one day too, but with some money this time, no more backpacker hostels for me! Where were you a decade ago?

5 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

haha...I have a very similar photo of me and Tigger at Disneyland or maybe its with Goofy?!! gotta check

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Violet & Rose said...

Ten years flies, doesn't it. But then sometimes I feel like it was another lifetime away. Sounded like a great trip. Liked your blossom canvas too. Well Done.

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A decade ago, oh my, I'll have to think about that one.

I enjoyed your trip down memory lane. There is something magical reminiscing about wonderful adventure and past journeys.

Cheers, Louise

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A decade ago, oh my, I'll have to think about that one.

I enjoyed your trip down memory lane. There is something magical reminiscing about wonderful adventure and past journeys.

Cheers, Louise

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Awww, you're so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home