f the butterfly collector: A fable from inside the wardrobe door...My very own shoe boutique

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Friday, July 14, 2006

A fable from inside the wardrobe door...My very own shoe boutique


...She wore us all, some more than others but we all enjoyed living together in the wardrobe. Some of us she wore only occasionally, some of us sparkly, shiny ones to a party or a wedding, some of us flats, heels and boots were out and about a few times a week! We came home with great stories of the places we'd been, the sights we saw and the other fabulous shoes that we had met on our travels. We loved to share the gossip about her days and nights on the town. Each of us as pairs were given a home each, a gorgeous box to live in, some all stacked on top of each other and sideways too, like living in a busy apartment building that changed neighbor's from floor to floor all the time, we hoped that every time she came to visit us a grand outing would be in store...

My Very Own Shoe Boutique, a new painting by Shae, the butterfly collector.

I often feel sorry for my shoes, living in their cramped quarters in the wardrobe I share with my husband. At least most of the prized, lovely, gorgeous ones are in a hanging shoe tree. I look forward to the day in the future when I finally get a wonderful, huge walk in wardrobe, which is all miraculous and organised and all my shoes are stored in these brilliant boxes. I dream on...something to aspire to!

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

I still haven't organized my closet, but I do love my shoes, but no boxes, just some makeshift shelves from home depot. I don't have alot of them. I'm more of a purse/tote girl, but I have my trusty shoes for certain outfits/time of year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home