f the butterfly collector: confessions from the dressing table...the red carpet

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

confessions from the dressing table...the red carpet


...It's opening night, he'll be here in a moment in his immaculate suit, he'll take my am and whisper sweet words into my ear and tell me how fabulous I look, he'll open the door for me and usher me into his limousine. We will travel in it's plush seats and drink champayne from crystal glasses. When we arrive we will be blinded by camera flashes from the papparazzi. I must continue to smile through this, hold my head up,stand up tall, not mess up my makeup and keep my dress perfect whilst walking the longest red carpet of them all, then sit through three hours of meet and greets, sign autographs and have TV cameras shoved in our faces. I can't wait to get home, so we can curl up on the couch, eat dessert and I can take these damn stilettos off...

An illustration by the butterfly collector, it will be featured in my online store, the Madame Butterfly Gallery on the Dressing Table Page. Not long now until the grand opening!!!
I've been dabbling a lot lately in different styles art wise, a bit of watercolour, some black and white ink illustrations, acrylic paint and collage, I've come to a bit of a fork in the road, not sure which path to take next? I'll keep playing and see what comes out, see what inspires me most! Lately I've been inspired by the lovely Miss Norma Valentine and her beautiful collection of vintage art deco style illustrations and prints! Who is inspiring you?

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

looking forward to hearing more about your store!!
Love your illos!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger julie said...

Great illustration - i noticed you like pinks, purples, lots of rich colours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home