f the butterfly collector: A tale from the jewel box...My little birds

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A tale from the jewel box...My little birds


...Suddenly she turned a corner into a little curved alley way, we had left the busy cobbled street behind with it's bustling market place. It was time for an adventure, Nicole had decided. She had not traveled all this way to just wander the tired old tourist beaten tracks and here an opportunity had presented itself. It's time to get lost!, she thought.
She held onto us tightly for a moment,clutching in an anxious moment and then looking down at us she whispered "you two will help me find my way back, won't you?" Then she grinned at us and looked around her at the busy women passing by on their daily errands, she decided to follow one of them to see where she was led.
Turn and turn again, it seemed like they were inside a maze, she followed the older woman in her lovely patterned headscarf, little round body and worn shoes to the door of the most beautiful little bakery she had ever seen. Windows brimming with all kinds of breads and cakes and delicious treats. A scene from her childhood memories of reading Hansel and Gretel came to life as she followed the woman inside, eager for a treat, rewarded for taking a chance and we hoped for some leftover crumbs....

My little birds pendant from the personal collection of the Butterfly Collector and purchased from the gorgeous online store...Girls Made This.
We visited the bakery today, I find it very hard to walk past without buying anything. Hedgehogs are my favorite, yummy and chocolatey with biscuit bits!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

I love their jewellery!!! I was going to get one for Mothers Day but instead got the cookbook 'Apples for Jam' so I might get order one now just for me - I deserve a treat!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

Yes you should get something just for yourself!!! Oh, you are so lucky to have Apples for Jam, doesn't it just have th most beautiful photos and recipes, I will have to get one of my own one day!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home