f the butterfly collector: confession from the jewell box ...amber and amethyst

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Friday, June 16, 2006

confession from the jewell box ...amber and amethyst


...Eva sat and stared into the beautifully carved wooden jewellery box that sat atop her mirrored dressing table. It was embellished with tiny exotic birds and had a deep plush satin lining. It was a wonderful place to live, but I longed to venture out into the big exciting world once more!
"So pick me " I cried as she carefully picked up an antique Rose coloured brooch. "Noooo,not that old maid,she's been out twice this week already,it's my turn" I wailed.
And as if she heard my protest, Rose was placed back into her satin bed and I was proudly lifted up to my owner's sight. A small smile formed on her scarlett lips, "Your perfect!"Eva exclaimed and I was added to the lapel of her black velvet winter jacket,next to her lovely amber beads and taken out to a luscious lunch with the girls!

Amethyst and black glass brooch and Amber bead necklace ( bought at a thrift store for $1, I get comments on how lovely they are each time I wear them! ) both from the personal collection of the butterfly collector.

2 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger julie said...

more beautiful jewels!!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

The amethyst brooch is lovely! I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home