f the butterfly collector: Secrets from the dressing table...True romance

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Secrets from the dressing table...True romance


...Amelia walked up to the foot of the staircase and turned her face up to take in the beautiful, fairytale like arched doorways of the ancient building they had come across on their moonlit walk. Her perfectly manicured hand lifted me up to his face and I had the chance to look deep into his sparkling green eyes and I could tell in that moment that he was in love with her. As she moved me to his back in their embrace, I knew that I could finally be sure of his intentions for her....

Art Nouveau Style Ring from the personal collection of the Butterfly Collector. A present from my father many years ago that gets worn out quite often!

Wow, that one was a bit Mills and Boon ! I added a link in here to a castle I visited in Wales where my cousin lives, just like walking through a fairy tale !!! And I have just been to the library and borrowed all these fabulous books on Art Nouveau style and discovered a whole world of beautiful artworks and artists, very inspiring. I am working on some illustrations in this style and will post them soon!
Has anyone got a favorite artwork or artist in this style too?
Also lots of baby news this week in my world, I need to go out and spend up big on some booties now!!! And congratulations over at Loobylu for the new arrival in their family!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:42 AM, Blogger julie said...

I absolutely love Mucha..love!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

what a gorgeous ring!! the art deco period sure produced some great stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home