f the butterfly collector: Party Time!

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Monday, December 04, 2006

Party Time!

TA DA !!! Here is our Birthday Cake extravaganza for this year!!! We had to top last years one and I had done a hot air balloon illustration for his party invitations, so the balloon cake was born! He loved it and so did everyone else! We had so much fun decorating it too! Now I have to think up something for next year!
Andrew's Birthday party was so much fun, he had a ball and got so many new things to play with that I think we really need a new and bigger house to fit them all in! We had our friend Dave, who is a photographer take some black and white photos of Drew and us to frame. They turned out really great and I especially love this one above! Even if he has got Birthday cake all over him! What a cutie pie!
We put up our Christmas tree on Friday and Andrew was so excited. It has more baubles and lights and decorations and stuff on it than actual tree! But we all loved putting it together and it is the one I had when I was little. Mum even gave me the decorations from when I was little to hang on it!


And this is the fun little project I made for this week's Creative Cabinet in Madame Butterfly!
I used lots of fun collage bits and pieces like glitter, tissue and crepe papers and buttons and some more embossed and textured Vintage wallpapers to make up this fun medallion to hang up on my studio door! Make one for your own in your favourite colours, it only took me about half an hour to whip up! I will post it to the Madame B sometime today ! See you at the next post with hopefully some more creativity to share!!!




Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

what a lovely blog page you have and a lovely young man too. what fun it was the cake you made and I am sure everyone just love having a colourful piece of it too.

Your Christmas tree looks lovely too. I have my decorations in the melbourne museum this year on display and that is a lot of fun.

I will be back to read more of your lovely blog very soon.
Lee-ann

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

Oh wow! what a cake - looks fabulous!
Drew is adorable!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Artful Kisser said...

Fantastic effort on the cake! It looks huuuuuuuuuuge... Lovely big smile from Drew too.

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger xxxxx said...

This hanging medallion for your studio door is really sweet. What a cool idea! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home