f the butterfly collector: confusion sets in!

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

confusion sets in!


Look at this cute little palette I bought from my local art store for $4 dollars, it has a lid too! I can't wait to use it! Only one problem! I am having a bit of a crisis! It seems I am going through one of those periods where I don't know what direction to take with my work! I have three themes going on at the moment ... my fashion illustration type line drawings and painting which I love doing, my cute cartoon like girls and every now again I'm off on another track painting birds and flowers! What to do! I'm going crazy over it, it's consuming my thoughts! Help!
I have also been talking to a few Gallery owners over the last few weeks and asking their opinions and some arty friends too and I've realised I need to concentrate on creating a style now which is distinctly mine. I am so easily distracted and want to try something new all the time! Ideas are whirling around my head, AAAhhhhhh!
Has anyone got any suggestions or advice?

3 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

I am very fond of your little girls,however your mdm. Butterfly gallery logo is probably my fave. Hmmm. I wonder if the fashion illustration type drawings is where your heart lies?
Which do you most enjoy?

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have often the same problem, though i feel that when you have three themes, you should really stick to those for a while, don't try new things, and then you'll find the thing that suits you the best.
I like you birds and mdme. Butterbly series the best, I think.
I have the feeling when looking at your work that thought the subjects difer you really have a very personal style.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Dana said...

gotta get me one of those pallettes for my makeup jobs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home