f the butterfly collector: Bird Noises!

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bird Noises!



I've been away for a few days, so that explains the sounds of silence here! But I had fun, I've been to Melbourne to visit my sister and my new niece! Yesterday we had a ball in the city and visited lots of toys and kids book departments to keep Drew amused ( he got to bring a cuddly cookie monster home and a mini travel etch a sketch for car trips! ). We also had a wonderful walk through the revamped GPO building on Bourke! I know it has been finished for a long time, but I just hadn't had the chance to visit! It looks beautiful, it's full of beautiful designer stores, that we actually felt a little under dressed visiting and with prams, but any hoo! We ooohhh and aaahhhed over the Leona Edminston little girls dresses, had a peek in the fabulous Belinda store complete with an antler chandelier, loved the big buttons on the Mimco bags and especially loved exploring the Spacecraft store full of handmade screenprinted quilts and baby things ( sadly can't find a link to this one, but if you get the chance go!). The best part though was all the white bird cages hanging from the roof filled with canary's on display! Lovely bird noises to shop to!

2 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to do - the birdcages! They remind me a bit of an installation I saw in London earlier this year of Rachael Whiteread's work in the Tate Modern.

And you've inspired me to upload some of the shots I took of it (and a few other things in London) to my Flickr account if you're interested.

By the way I did see that I got a mention in your blog and you've added me to your blogroll (I've added you to mine too). Thank you so much!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Dana said...

sorry didnt send you Spacecraft link in time! Here it is:

www.spacecraftaustralia.com

xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home