f the butterfly collector: Weird, wonderful, WOW

the butterfly collector

A Collection of Fashionable Finds,Jewel Box Treasures,Exotic Art and Decadent Decor! Handmade Delights, Luxurious Shopping, Wonders from the China Cabinet and Secrets from behind the Wardrobe Door, Dramatic Books and Delicious Treats!. Read on to find out more...

Monday, October 16, 2006

Weird, wonderful, WOW



Here's an artist that I have admired for a long time ( I always seem to run into his work as prints stuck somewhere obscurely in someone's home or studio) and I recently found his gallery online and spent ages staring at his beautiful works. Mark Ryden has exhibited all over the world in Museum's and Galleries. He currently lives and works in Los Angeles with his famiy where he says he paints slowly and happily amidst his countless collections of trinkets, statues, skeletons, books, paintings and antique toys. Go and visit, you'll be Amazed!!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

I was totally going to use Mark Ryden as a" lift images from another source off the internet" exercise this month (yes I am THAT lo-tech that I have to practice),I am a huge, huge fan of his work. I thought it very "Halloweeny".

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger . said...

I lurrrv Mark Ryden's work too! What a talent! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home